Brain Foods for Brain Health – Boost Brain Health with Good Eats

Smart snacking during coronavirus quarantine –

Dr. Liz Applegate’s presentation discusses specific foods and dietary supplements that may enhance brain health and transform diet to one that supports healthy aging and memory performance. Dr. Applegate is Director of Sports Nutrition and a Distinguished Lecturer at the University of California, Davis. Her educational focus is eating for optimal health and performance. She writes a column for Runner’s World, appears on national TV & radio and speaks to people of all ages about practical and science based approaches to optimizing oneself through diet.

This lecture is part of UC Davis Health System’s Alzheimer’s Disease Center 2016 Community Lecture Series sponsored by Sunrise Senior Living and Aegis Living. It was delivered live at the Lesher Center for the Arts in Walnut Creek, California on November 29, 2016.

How to Eat Healthy as You Age:
Health Benefits of Tea:
Tips for Good Gut Health:
UC Davis Health’s Alzheimer’s Disease Center:
See the latest news from UC Davis Health:

#brainhealth #eathealthy #nutrition #snacking

Read more all post Entertainment : https://jamesmartinlive.com/entertainment/
  1. Steph. 1 says

Paleo is a great way to go

2. QANGOR says

She knows NOTHING!!!

3. Some Guy says

As the speaker points out, this is not a vegan diet she is promoting. However, to get the benefits of seafood without the drawbacks, a DHA supplement made from algae and a B12 supplement is an option. Other sources of Omega-3 include ground flax seeds, walnuts, chia and hemp seeds. The reason fish contain Omega-3 is that they eat algae, or other fish that do so. I go to the source, and skip the fish.

4. Bob says

I just followed this for 2 days. I'm sooo hungry! Bowls of broccoli, sweet potatoes, berries & some fish don't fill me up. This is crazy.
    And I'm not trying to lose any weight. Butter isn't as bad as she claims. We need fat, even if a little is saturated. Fish oil isn't the only answer & not all of it is so pure. Wish she recommended a good brand.

5. Jett Jewel says

Eat alkaline ash foods.
    This video is an ok start to cleaning up your diet.

6. mhee & mommy you says

7. Sandy D says

this diet is terrible!!!! just go healthy Keto!

8. Nosmo King says

I couldn’t finish this video I’m sorry. I’m sure most of the information here was decent but watching this is torture for me…

9. Fons says
  10. Margaret Brisbin says

Love this !

11. N R says

I had a lady tell me that they think there is a link between your sense of smell and Alzheimer's. I've looked it up and verified that. The lady who told me this could not smell her bananas. I have to have an excellent sense of smell.

12. Christine Lesch says

I have MS and I have been looking for information like this

13. Cooper Howell says

When considering eating healthy, you must try not to fall victim to modern day fad diet plans. Extreme diet plans are a danger for your health, especially ones that seriously restrict your everyday nutritional intake. Many of these fad diet plans work for a short period and then the benefits decrease after a while. It is best to search Custokebon Secrets on the google search engine as it isn't just another fad diet where you starve yourself.

14. Min Misty. says

Thank you so much for the elaborated video. I now have a better understanding of diabetes and how glucose builds up in the body causing a spike in sugar. No one could have explained it better, especially using the children method . Thank you

15. Steve Markham says

Will you please get to the point and stop repeating yourself….

16. Chester Lyngdoh says

17. Wolfsoro says

Eat more meat carnivore and keto are good for you!

18. Laura Woodmoon says

Stop fussing about GMO’s!!! I won’t listen to a word she says!!!

19. Michael Siddle says

Much of this advice is nonsense. Anyone who recommends whole grains and low animal fats has no idea what they are talking about.

20. WakeyUpPeople says

This is good…i need to listen again… One little comment…i feel she worries too much about fats/dairy. Man is different to sea animals. Our body temperature is higher. Butter is good for you. So is beef dripping and so is cheese. Raw milk is a gift from God. Like all of the plants and the animals.

21. WakeyUpPeople says

22. DSVsu KTH says

I most often have swelled befor I knew what I ate 🙁 bummer just did it again .

23. Angel Bishop says

This was by far the best explanation of what’s going on with glucose in the body

24. CB Turano says

Popp

25. Good Intentions says

Not clapping for the wine. ???? Yes on the pomegranate and grape juice. ????

26. long toe nails says

yo wtf how do i wake up to this

27. Virginia Davies says

What is the best way to get to the weight you want and stay with it

28. 김은비 says

Thank you for providing a good solution.

29. Tullochgorum says

I think she's missing the point here. According to the book The Mindspan Diet by Preston Estep, a distinguished gerontologist at Harvard Medical School, we already know that at least 70% of dementia and other CNS diseases is caused by an excess of heme iron in the diet as we age. Heme iron is found in meat, fish, supplements and fortified foods, and Dr Estep writes that there is a strong consensus in the research community that we are ingesting far too much. In communities such as the Blue Zones where dementia is much rarer, people eat a low iron diet and are borderline anaemic by standard measures. I'm a very cynical and critical reader, but the evidence Estep presents is overwhelming and I've made major changes to my lifestyle based on his advice.

30. Deepak kumar n y says

I am a vegetarian.. And suffering from brain diseases.. What is the solution to it

31. solowanty says

Mind diet – how can you compare marg to butter. Beef is actually 50% monounsaturated fat. Do your self a big favour and ignore that stupid Mind diet… sat fats are not trans fat. Sat fat does not promote inflamation!!!

32. solowanty says

Avoid all these industrial seed oils!!!! Eat good quality meats

33. lopez otoole says

No to apple cider vinegar and no to coconut oil .. and yes to GMO she’s definitely working for big pharmaceutical ????

34. nathan jw says

The main in all exercise no one likes it but its the main in all

35. Ab Sass says

Am I the only one who doesn’t want to live until I’m 90 or 100? Lol! Why don’t we all just try to eat as healthy as we can, enjoy what we eat, and most importantly, cherish who we eat with. Stress less, laugh more, and live in the moment. You never know when your time is up.♥️

36. Marco Meerman says

Eat, sleep, move and have healthy relationships. Avoid products that have a label, added sugars, fried foods and refined food, alcohol and smoking sigarettes. Instead, eat greens, beens, mushrooms, seeds, berries, unions and always add herbs and spices. A whole food plant based diet is what is best for you. Don't forget to supplement B12 and iodine. It's all about knowing your risks.

37. Jonathan M Coles says

She looks like pam Greer

38. Teodora Hingpit says

39. Epeli Daucakacaka says

Very impressed and interesting!!!

40. Jojo Jo says

As soon as she said yes to gmo foods and dairy, and np to fats, she proved to be working for the pharmaceutical industry.

41. Tammie Everhart Jones says

@1:01:44 AM I THE ONLY ONE NOTICED THAT SHE DIDN'T ANSWER THE ACTUAL QUESTION THE WOMAN ASKED?… WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

42. Nikolaos Peterson says

hey1 how 'bout JAPANESE food1? Okinawa has more centinarians ny place on Earth! I am deeply surprised that Jfoods from Japan like not at all! or as questions from your audience. I am 17 most likely your youngest viewer, I am mostly north European but have some Japanese ancestry as well. There is more to like Japanese food than just like sushi! Please remember like to include Japanese food in your next webinar or the like as well. Thanks

43. Dante Dmc says

Issues,,, ????

44. Gigi Gigi says

4:00 Alzheimer happens in due to: Antidepressants, All Fast Foods, Industrialized Foods, we are what we eat, that is it!!! People are way too lasy to cook at home since the 80's eating frozen garbage foods, well there is the negative results. People age 40 e 50 years young are developing Alzheimer.