Extra Remix – Jillian Aversa – Ethereal New Age Vocals for Video Game Music

Jillian Aversa brings an otherworldly, new age style of vocals to her remixes of video game music, lending them an ethereal touch. Find more of her work here:

___________

Find all the music featured in this episode at the links below!

Kindred:

Till We Meet Again:
Final Fantasy VI

Never Ending Night:
Soundcloud Version:
Tohou Kaeidzuka – Phantasmagoria of Flower View

Walking in the Air:
Through Sand and Snow (Original / Cover)

Generations:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
___________

Look for the rest of Jill’s music on OCR:

…and on her website!

___________

Be sure to check out Jill’s newest album, Atlantis Awakening!

___________

You can also find Jillian Aversa at the following links!

Website:

Bandcamp (Jillian Aversa):

YouTube (JillianAversa):

SoundCloud (Jillian Aversa):

Facebook (JillianAversa):

Twitter (@JillianAversa):
__________

Recommended for you!

Get a unique style of organic electronic video game music.
Zircon:

Reflect on why some old games evoke such nostalgia.
A Little Bit of Yesterday:

Read more all post Video : https://jamesmartinlive.com/video/
  1. defka99 says

I absolutely LOVE "Kindred." It's one of my favorite songs ever! It takes what makes good Metroid music great (flawless balance between melody and atmosphere) and applies a chilling vocal that complements the composition very well.

2. rashkavar says

Ahh, the lady behind Schala and the Queen. Bookmarked

Speaking of Touhou – that game/series has far too good music for a bullet hell game 😛

3. toaMalafe says

listening to till we meet again actually made me tear up, and i've never PLAYED ff6!

4. Miniike says

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR INTRODUCING ME TO THIS AMAZING WOMAN.

What would we do without Extra Credits?

5. Michael Hamilton says

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Way to be humble dan.

6. Lachlan Willacy says

Talk about tsko G

7. Doug Perry says

Hah, I made it into an Extra Remix video! Thanks for the plug, sephfire 😉  Glad to see Jill getting so much love here–she deserves it!

8. Fernando RM says

I first listened her vocals in the Touhou album, never tought she sings videogames remixes also 🙂

9. Summerhays Says says

This woman should do the music for Kingdom Hearts 3 if Square cant get Hitada back.

10. Don Xu says

OMG, I had Andrew as a professor before. I didn't know that they are big :3

11. Jeremiah Watson says

I knew about Zircon, but I never knew about his wife. I wonder how she got into this. I'm a vocal major and wonder what other paths exist other than just opera houses and the school system. Not bashing the other two, but I wonder what all is really out there for singers.

12. cFreeze says

It's nice mentioning Touhou. There is a thriving music scene for the obscure Japanese PC Game Series "Touhou Project". And right now, the many circles that make the musical arrangements is currently selling their albums in Comiket 86 in Japan!

13. Curt Clark says

I LOVE Jillian's work, both in her OC Remixes and her own albums. "Generations" is my favorite song she has done, followed closely by "Journey's End" from Final Fantasy X…which, coincidentally, was a collaboration between her, GrayLightning, and…

…Holy crap.

I JUST REALIZED YOU WERE SEPHFIRE.

I'm gonna fansquee all over the place now.

14. Gil says

Pixietricks got me into the New Age genre! I love all her work; her voice is a beauty to behold. For anyone interested in similar artists, Helen Trevillion (Destiny) has some stuff on OCR as well and she, too, has a wonderful voice.
     I hold onto the dream that one day Helen and Jillian will collaborate on something.

15. Emarella says

"Walking in the Air" brought so much nostalgic feels from my childhood back to me. I watched The Snowman over and over and over again as a young kid, and that song has had a special place in my heart ever since. Haven't heard it (except for me and my family singing snatches of it periodically) for probably twenty years, so this nearly gave me chills.

16. Dan Slattery says

Ooh, I got chills on that last track! Damn, she's good! Thanks for letting us know about this girl. I'll be spending a bunch of time on OC Remix checking out her stuff.

17. moonkinx says

goosebumps, everywhere

18. Clint Pereira says

The narrator of EC is Sephfire?! Dude, you are OG. Not to make you feel old or anything but I've been listening to your remixes since high school. Also not saying you're the best out there but have some pride man!

19. SuperFlashDriver says

Peter Auty is also one of the great vocals on "Walking in the Air".

20. sinnerdbl says

Great videos guys about music!!  Extra Remix rocks!! PLZ do an episode about Mick Gordon if u can guys!

21. mbncd says

Beautiful!

22. 5007-574IN3D says

I may be late to the party, but I didn't know Daniel was sephfire! I think I have all the songs you've uploaded to OCR. goes and checks

I do!

23. Sacchi Hikaru says

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT JUST A FUCKING MOMENT SHE SANG NEVER ENDING NIGHT?
    OKAY I''M GONNA GO DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING OF HERS RIGHT NOW

24. Kashim says

Jill and Zircon are probably the first 2 people who I came upon (separately, strangely enough) that I really clicked with on OCR a long time ago tune-wise. SO crazy to see that they're married now, and yet….not really. It's almost like it was meant to be. Hehe. Very cool. Good luck to the both of them in their lives and careers! MAKE MOAR MUSIC! Awesome Voice + Awesome Gaming Music = ULTRA C-C-C-COMBOOOOO!

25. Luke Schwiebert says

Saw this lady at Video Games Live last night. It was pretty great, she sang the Opera from Final Fantasy VI while dressed as Celes!

26. Peregrin38 says

Wait, she contributed to a Touhou album by a professional Japanese videogame composer?! mind explodes I love you for all the things you introduce me to on this series, Dan ;___;

27. Sept77 says

I basically just end up making a new playlist whenever you guys release one of these videos.
    I'm gonna run out of memory soon.