Is a Calorie a Calorie? Processed Food, Experiment Gone Wrong

The Modern American Table: Is a Calorie a Calorie?

We’ve all heard the dictate that a calorie is a calorie regardless of its source. But are all foods truly created equal in terms of how they affect our health and weight?

Given the barrage of competing information directed at us every day, what do we really know about healthy eating?

Robert Lustig, MD, is Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology at University of California, San Francisco, and the author of Fat Chance: Beating the Odds against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease.

Christopher Gardner, PhD, Professor (Research) of Medicine is a nutrition researcher at the Stanford Prevention Research Center whose research has been investigating the potential health benefits of various dietary components or food patterns, explored in the context of randomized controlled trials in free-living adult populations

Read more all post Foods : https://jamesmartinlive.com/foods/
  1. A Murphy says

The issue of sodium is related to the sodium potassium balance in the body which should be K:Na 5:1.But most Americans have a balance of K:Na 1:2.Unprocessed salts like Himalayan salt are very different from highly refined table salt.Again all salts are not equal. I agree though that salts are added to many processed foods and consumption is in excess or equally inadequate potassium is a problem. I include an article from Dr. Mercola and the studies on Russian cosmonauts regarding salt intake. https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/05/29/salt-health-effects.aspx

2. a gravante says

Refined sugar is poison to your cells but the sugar in raw ripe fruit is great for your cells.

3. Johnson Raymond says

Hello everyone that is reading this testimony. I have been having herpes for years but now am cured.I was reading through the web, I saw a post on how this herbal dr dohgo have help a woman to cure her shingles and I contact his email address and he told me that he will help me cure my herpes but i doubted it and then he prepared me a herbal medicine and ask me to take it for 21 days which i did. I believed him and today I am glad to let you all know that this herbal Dr dohgo have the herbal medicine to cure you from herpes and any type of disease, I am now a happy man. Thanks for His great work,contact him via email: doctordohgo@gmail.com you can also whatsapp his mobile number +2347062142293. Contact Dr dohgo and get your problem solved he also have cure to other disease lik shingles, eczema, genital warts nd many more

4. TST1998 says

You have no idea about German wines!

5. Dana Smith says

Great lesson 7:15 the ten conglomerates ?

6. xt hydra says

good example of a bunch of pencils pushers relying on meta data instead of asking questions.

7. Paugh Eric says

They been killing us all along wtf

8. Paugh Eric says

Needs to do a scientific review on the Government, the entire healthcare system and welfare too

9. Madeline Michael says

I am totally free from herpes after using the medications I got from Dr. Umoru who I came across on YouTube.

10. tersse b says

we need to run our food down, stop being a fatty, get out there and run your ass of for 40 years,, let them billionaires die of fat and sugar and shit, oh wait, no billionaires, sitting on their ass, die of an infected toe, or an impacted tooth, but this guy will say, its all your fault, you chose to eat what your government said was safe, its not your health choices that matter, its the choices you are left to make, and that's why your sick, you were never given a good choice,, your were made to choose, what can i afford, not whats good for me.fuck this guy, he knows nothing.

11. saxophoney says

Ha!!! Listen to the Q&A part and in the end, they are all Communists! Hilarious! They stuff their pockets with grant money, then beg for more. Should have left the politics out of it because now you revealed the real agenda and undercut the truth of the evils of sugar.

12. Ken says

I wish he sad Rotterdam instead of Amsterdam the Red Light gave Amsterdam a bad image.

13. Marcus says

My children can be a nightmare to cook for. I look forward to watching thank you.

14. Frank Woms says

I am forever grateful to Dr. Umoru who cured me from herpes with his effective herbal medicine which I ordered, after many years ago suffering I am totally free today after using the medications I got from Dr. Umoru who I came across on YouTube. You can also contact him via email drumoru01@gmail. com or WhatsApp/call +2348165436638

15. Frank Woms says

All thanks to Dr. Umoru for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed since 2014 and I was taking my medications but I wasn't satisfied I needed to get Herpes out of my body system, I searched about some possible cure for Herpes. I saw a comment about Dr. Umoru of how he cured someone from herpes with his effective herbal product. I contacted him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions to my problem and he sent me a medication which I took for two weeks. I took the medications as he prescribed and I was surprised after going for test my result came out negative. You can also get help on any problem you are Suffering from such as.
    HPV
    Cancer
    Fibroid
    HIV and AIDS
    Sickle cell
    Warts
    Diabetes e.t.c
    Contact the great doctor via email {drumoru01@gmail. com} or WhatsApp/call +2348165436638…

16. IfingerblastGranny's says

Warren Buffet Murdering by the multi-millions yearly globally and getting away with it with a smile…Even has the brass neck to try and convince everyone he stops in past his Mcdonalds stotes every morning for a breakfast and coke and consumes it…Yeah right! probably correct he pops in past to pick up every day but you can bet it goes straight into the bin as soon as he gets to the office!….

17. Dominique Z says

To all the people who disliked this video
    I'm just curious why?

18. Ashley Gotschall says

Great lecture!

19. Ashley Gotschall says

salt is not the same as sea salt. In my opinion. Wish he would have extrapolated on that.

20. School says

Unbelievable how these people think they are so right. First, there are researchers such as Ray Peat who don't' exactly agree. Does Ray Peat agree that processed food should be avoided? ABSOLUTELY! But, not for the reasons expressed here. These people want to place a soda tax on people and yet they don't realize they could be wrong. I use Mexican Coke (real sugar) strategically. The sugar is healing. People have used sugar to heal wounds! Please look up Ray Peat

21. Aimee Wilson says

shorturl.ca/xxlovesex368nudxxm

අඩක් සමග ඔහුගේ මුවින් පිරී දිනකට පැවැත්මට

22. Bright Victoria says

There is a parmenate cure for Herpes. Dr. Umoru helped me get rid of my Herpes virus. You can get more information on Dr Umoru YouTube channel

23. StoneFoot 2019 says

Somebody or something has
    been destroying our culture, country, and gut. All this crap they call food has made the patent holders rich, so has PLASTIC! Whoever brought the high tech traded it for permission to destroyed us!

24. Lucia Alvaro says

I want to thank Dr Padman for helping me get cured of my HERPES diseases, for like 6 months Now I have been suffering from HERPES , but one day as I was surfing through the Internet I met a post about a lady who was cured by Dr Padman so I decided to give it a try to see if he could save my life Luckily for me I was cured by him. I cannot stop thanking him for what he has done for me Dr Padman thank you so much for your immediate cure of my HERPES disease, i must say for curing my disease, i own you in return. Thanks and be blessed Dr Padman. if you need his help you also want to get cured just the way i got mine, just email Via his padmanlovespell@yahoo.com or add him on WhatsApp +19492293867 His Website: http://padmanspell.com/ and get your healing

DR PADMAN CAN AS WELL CURE AND CAST THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-

1. HIV/AIDS

2. HERPES

3. CANCER

4. ALS

5. Love spell

6. Money Spell

7. WINNING LOTTERIES

8. BEAUTY SPELL.

And many more.. contact him on his private email and explain what you want him to do for you i assure you he shall help,His WhattsApp: +19492293867

25. Lincoln Bobbs says

Madidaherbalcenter with their herbal medicine cured me of herpes virus

26. Makedon says

BULL CRAP!!! Should be ashamed! $$$

27. 6Diego1Diego9 says

I want that Texas Big Gulp…

28. Hana says

realmensch

29. party38 says

Real American patriot this man!!!!!
    Not some parasites that sell out for money . We have to go out to the street and let them know in peaceful manner that this isn’t working for society

30. Markus Puschert says

11:16 ^^

31. LeeAnn Warren says

Herpes can be treated and cured permanently but only few believe it,, but I was among those who never believed it until doctor Agbonifo cured me of herpes, I had HSV for two years and it was eating me up one day I found a testimony of someone testifying to the great work of Dr Agbonifo who cured him of HPV, I was thinking since this man can cure HPV then he must be able to cure me of my virus too and to my greatest surprise he really cured me of Herpes, I only message him on email (Dragbonifo@outlook.com) and he replied me and we discussed then he sent me the medicine and today am herpes free…you can call/WhatsApp him on mobile +234 903 474 9874. All thanks to you Dr Agbonifo the great herbalist..

32. Irina Sharapova says

Surprised that the doctor doesn't know that dairy should not be eaten with fruit. It causes brewing process in the gut and results in cramps and flatulence. Dairy is not healthy anyway but if you eat it definitely do not mix it with carbs.
    Otherwise, great information and well explained.

33. Nico milito says

I have been suffering from HIV and Genital Herpes for the past 3 years,and ever since then i have been taking series of treatment but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Dr IZAZA on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all around the world,then i contacted him as well.After our conversation he sent me the medicine which i took according to his instructions. When i was done taking the herbal medicine i went for a medical checkup and to my greatest surprise i was cured from HIV and Herpes. My heart is so filled with joy. If you are suffering from Herpes or any other disease you can contact Dr IZAZA on his WHATSAPP +2348103355314