Mental Health: In Our Own Words

13 people, aged 18-25 talk about what it’s like to live with a mental health problem, and what helps them cope.

Watch part 2
Find out more about the young people in this video

Music – “Memorized” by Josh Woodward

Read more all post Health : https://jamesmartinlive.com/health/
  1. Cresent and star says

Always think there are people in worse situations then you , always be great full and when your being bullied , don’t bully other people , and when your broke , give charity

2. EdSON MendeS says

It's a thing. It's real, and we need to talk about it. We need to start reaching out for each other and looking after each other! https://youtu.be/1OzjWgeIBgI

3. Jonathan says

Being mentally ill sucks. They say "chemical imbalance", give you prescribed drugs and they don't even work. How do we even know who's telling the truth behind most of what we read and hear? The only credible source is your body and mind, and your ethical, reasonable thinking.

4. Airi Nokomis says

Mind never worked for me but I have always supported them the best I can. I have suffered with Mental health illness from being a very young child in a traumatic environment. It does get better with help though.

5. Chris Taylor says

To all you thumbs down people I would say rot in hell, but I won't. I feel sorry for you, and so happy your mental health free, I wish I could be with you, Chris xx

6. Solveig Sokcanic says

clean up the environment & give living things clean air, water, food, & stop spraying the sky with toxic materials for geoengineered weather , etc,

7. Solveig Sokcanic says

stop violence against women & children , lock up pedophiles, get kids & people away from their mobile phones !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Solveig Sokcanic says

stop putting fluoride in our water, stealing & poisoning the water with toxic chemicals, stop plastic pollution as theres plastic & chemicals in all our food, stop polluting the air & environment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Todd Denny says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8szP7WoS6eI How one campus is reinventing mental health

10. Ramesh Kumaran says

I have been called mental, jerk,… Used abusive language and also physically assaulted. Will they call a blind, deaf, dumb, mute and those with locomotor disabilities by their illness. Or describe them in a funny way. Use pun against them. Will they address them as hey you blind as a newborn pussy ,
    Hey you cat and rat (cataract)
    hey you deaf as a bat,
    hey you dumb ass,
    Hey you hypertensive
    Hey you sugary diabetic
    Hey you cardiac case
    Hey you bariatric ware house
    hey you chicken legged etc. No. Such terminologies and similar attitudes and behaviors are invented only for people who have mental health issues .

11. Ramesh Kumaran says

If society and psychiatrists and our judiciary wants to change us from abnormals to normals then it's a good idea. But if this transformation takes a lifetime due to perverted societal perception and useless drugs and meanwhile you are forced to live an isolated existence then its a self defeating endeavour on the part of our society.
    Physically handicapped do not face issues of stigma and victimization. On the contrary they are pampered and given freebies like free loan, free job sans competition, free houses, free this, free that. Everything comes free. No price tags attached. They get everything for free. But people with mental health issues have to compete with the normals for resources by the rules set down by them and for them. We should be judged by a set of rules as prescribed by our illness. If physically challenged do not have to compete with their normal counterparts then why are we being forced to?They have their own paraolympics. Where only physically disabled participates.

12. Ramesh Kumaran says

When you loose every things that you most cherished in your life, then that's a huge disaster. And that isn't normal. Personally I would like to be considered as a psychologically challenged person having mental health issues which demands a different set of behavior from others and expectations. That's how others should show their consideration. Unfortunately in India, that's far from the truth. You are not only stigmatized here, but also victimized at every walk of your life. That doesn't sound normal at all. People who have obesity, hypertension, diabetes are considered normal because the criteria for normalcy is dictated largely by our politics, ministry of health, judiciary, human resource ministry, culture, tradition, societal values, peer groups and their combined distorted and perverted perception of mental illness. Otherwise they won't allocate a meagre 40 crores for mental health program and thousands and thousands of crores to some other preventable health issue. This is discrimination. This again isn't normal.

13. Sigita Diamond says

Talking about it is great, but it doesn’t solve the problem for example psychosis is such a hard thing to explain no one can even comprehend how hard it is. Doctors never solve the problem people need therapy and. No one should judge…

14. Jodie Silbaugh says

This video is gentle, and there is help, but, not everything works for everyone, and, so dont give up. I also find, if I can get outside, that is a big help! Also, eating good food, and laughing about almost everything, life is too short to be sad, helps my thoughts.

15. TheDodoRex says

Why are you depressed just be happy

16. Tracie Attword says

I've given up. I get good then it comes bk 10x worse.

17. Fergal Oneill says

Millions of people have mental illness were not alone

18. Hi Hi says

❤️

19. rainbow brite says

Very true. I’ve stopped trusting people like mind or the nhs with mental health issues

20. LIL SIDE DRE says

Though few openly exspres themselves at multiple angles of life there are a multitude of people who actually overcome mental health alone or with help

21. Winter Onyx Swan-miller says

Pls subscribe to my new channel I need all people to help me build it up currently it’s all about chihuahuas they are funny but the more subscribers then I want to talk about mental health from a normal person point of view as I have many illnesses that nobody wants to talk about as I’m “crazy” so please feel the love and subscribe ❤️❤️❄️❄️??